Re: Debian package for Alire 1.2.1

On Fri, Jan 27, 2023 at 12:36 AM Stephane Carrez <Stephane.Carrez@vacs.fr> wrote:
The benefit of Alire is that it gives you access to more than 280 Ada libraries
and tools.  There is a growing community and adoption by some Ada developers.
(See https://ada-lang.io/ and https://gitter.im/ada-lang/Alire)

The alternative to Alire is to ask Ada developers to make and promote
their project as Debian package but I'm afraid this requires a lot of work.

Something that has been in the back of my mind also since the beginnings of the project is that I hope it should be relatively straightforward to generate Debian packages from Alire's metadata for someone familiar with Debian's Ada policy. If not, I would be interested in knowing about the obstacles. It would be great if Alire could give back to Debian, I have been a direct or indirect user since many years ago.

Álex.