Re: (LibAnet)(Patch) This Patch made possible the use in High Integrity Systems.

Hi!

Hi,

On 05/25/2018 07:31 PM, Dani wrote:
>    Hi!
>
>    What is the timeframe for including the patch?
>
>    Note1: Distributed Anex programmers are also benefited.
>    Note2: Does the patch make LibAnet and programs that use LibAnet more
> efficient? Yes!
>              Why? Because the Ada compiler can make better decisions when
> compiling programs! :-)

I'm sorry but I'm not going to include a patch set of that size just for
the sake of some detect blocking, pure and preelaboration pragmas. In my
opinion the changes are just to invasive for a small benefit.

  At this point I disagree with you because the benefit is quite large. I will enumerate some:

  Only on anet.ad{s,b} was eliminate 5 predefinide packages dependences of predefinide library.
  Issues with unbounded string was confined in unix socket. other packages, beyond
other eliminate dependences, dont use unbounded string anymore.

  Only this speed up LibAnet e Software using LibAnet considerably, But are more:

  Types declared with pragma Preelaborable_Initialization are load more speed up both in run-time and compile-time,
both the library itself and software using LibAnet.

  Functions declared in pure packages, and functions declared pure_functions, too, beyond
considerable real speed up, both library and software, the compiler can reuse a result
these functions without a new call if values are equal and speed up yet more.

  The ultimate first example of these pragmas/attributes is the Ada Pre-defined Library. When it's time
to upgrade Ada ISO Standard, there are whole and heated debates about whether 'package such will be pure or preelaborate' ,

  because this affects a huge amount of programmers and software houses, especially those linked to contracts
with governments, banks, and embedded applications.

 Without these pragmas/atributes programmers don't can use Distributed Anex neither the categorização pragmas,
because gnat will proibit this use with a Great 'Compilation Error ...'

   As for the names of tools you asked this is a secret of the software manufacturers and
the governments for which they work. Spark also has these features but I've never heard a single name for Spark.

   Consider at least creating a Git Branch and a package for this patch, I'll be glad if that happens.

   I hope you understand my point,

   Best Whishes,
   Dani.

I hope you understand my point.