Re: (LibAnet)(Patch) This Patch made possible the use in High Integrity Systems.

  Hi! :-)

Hi,

Thanks for your contribution to the anet project.

On 05/12/2018 09:45 PM, Dani wrote:
>     Because I Known the  source code of both,
>  I believe Libanet is faster and safer than gnat-sockets,
> But gnat-sockets et.all claim categorically to be secure in the domains of
> High Integrity, High Security and Real Time Systems. Whats "The Magic" for
> this ? the Magic for this
> is have categorization pragmas ( or attributes) and some initial re-work;

I doubt that adding some pragmas makes a binding to the OS provided
socket implementation high secure all of a sudden, but on the other hand
the term 'high secure' is used for SSL websites nowadays, so what do I know.

   I agree with you; adding some pragmas does not make it any safer than
it already is.
these pragmas only allow categorization. these categorizations in
Ada help the compiler to separate what can and can not be used in a program.

   Libanet already is secure in my vision.

> With this categorization added tools from this fields can be used
> flawlesse. :-D

Can you please elaborate which tools you are referring to?

   I Don't known theses tools beyond gnat itself, mas the _ use and existence_ these tools
are  touted by Software Manufacturers and required by Government Agencies and Buyers of such systems.

   My prime motivation is a really huge system that I'm creating in Ada with a friend. this system
involves banks and money and at some point we will be required by some regulatory agency to
pass through the sieve of those tools required by these.

   I can't create we system already with categorization pragmas and or proibited
by compiler the use o Libanet because
Libanet don't have these categorization pragmas. :-D

   Really does not stop being more bureaucracy. : -D But the existence of these
categorizations in the Ada Language is well publicized and much required in some niches.

  Unfortunately a large part of our system will have to pass the sieve of one of these
niches at some point in the future.

 and  Thanks for understanding my point.

Kind regards,
- reto

 Best Wishes, Dani.

--
"There are many plans in the Human heart, But
 is the Lord's Purpose that prevails"

"Existem Muitos planos e desejos no coração Humano, MAS
são os Propósitos do Senhor que prevalecem"

  []'s Dani:-)