Re: [polyorb] Build OK on i386 and powerpc

Le 13/06/2012 11:35, Ludovic Brenta a écrit :
> xavier grave writes:
>> I have done manual builds on amd64, i386 and powerpc without
>> any problem. I'm planning to upload 2.8~20110207-3 with a multi
>> upload that will close #673982
>>
>> I'll wait for the result of a new build try on ia64 before any
>> conclusion on this bug.
>
> polyorb FTBFS on all buildds, even on amd64 (see #676747).  Most
> of the build failures are actually test suite failures.
>
> The freeze of Wheezy is still planned for the second half of june,
> which is almost *now*.
>
> Please decide what to do; here are a few possible solutions in
> decreasing order of desirability:
>
> * fix all the problems in the test suite within a couple of days.
>   Upload to unstable, watch as all the buildds succeed and the
>   package migrates to testing before the freeze.
>
> * do not run the test suite as part of the build.  Allow the
>   package into testing as soon as possible, despite test suite
>   failures.  Document the failures in non-RC bugs.  Upload narval
>   and allow it to migrate to testing in a similar way.
>
> * accept that neither polyorb nor narval are in Wheezy.

I think I found the source of part of my problems : the config.py and
arch.py in gnatpython package :
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnatpython/arch.py", line 206, in
__fill_info
    self.os.name = config.platform_info[self.platform]['os']
KeyError: 'unknown'

I will upload without the testsuite enabled and removing the kfreeBSD
architectures. Then tomorrow I'll upload narval to mentors (waiting for
the last polyorb version available in sid).

Then I'll try to fix the different problems :
  - python testsuite :(
  - kfreeBSD related problem (may be a bug in binutils or gnat)

As soon as the bugs are fixed, If this is after the freeze I'll upload
to backports.

Does anybody major flaws in these plans ?

xavier