Re: [polyorb] Build OK on i386 and powerpc

Le 13/06/2012 11:35, Ludovic Brenta a écrit :
> xavier grave writes:
>> I have done manual builds on amd64, i386 and powerpc without
>> any problem. I'm planning to upload 2.8~20110207-3 with a multi
>> upload that will close #673982
>>
>> I'll wait for the result of a new build try on ia64 before any
>> conclusion on this bug.
>
> polyorb FTBFS on all buildds, even on amd64 (see #676747).  Most
> of the build failures are actually test suite failures.
>
> The freeze of Wheezy is still planned for the second half of june,
> which is almost *now*.
>
> Please decide what to do; here are a few possible solutions in
> decreasing order of desirability:
>
> * fix all the problems in the test suite within a couple of days.
>   Upload to unstable, watch as all the buildds succeed and the
>   package migrates to testing before the freeze.

I'll give a last try to solve the testsuite problems. But I still have
problems with kfreebsd-* architectures (segfault and missing symbol,
which I'm not sure are releated to gnat or whatever)

> * do not run the test suite as part of the build.  Allow the
>   package into testing as soon as possible, despite test suite
>   failures.  Document the failures in non-RC bugs.  Upload narval
>   and allow it to migrate to testing in a similar way.

I'll choose this solution if I can't achieve first option. Narval
uploading is ready but I was waiting to solve polyorb issues before
putting it on mentor.

> * accept that neither polyorb nor narval are in Wheezy

If I can avoid this, I will.

> Whatever you do, please do it fast...

OK.