Re: anything to help with?

On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 23:04:07 +0100
Ludovic Brenta
<ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org> wrote:

> Welcome and thanks for your interest and offer for help.  There is
> indeed much work to do and too little time to do it :)

It sounds familiar. ;)

> The first point of entry is the Debian Policy for Ada[1] and the
> second is the list of work-needing packages which you already know
> about.

OK.

> I suggest you read this document entirely then decide whether or not
> you want to pursue packaging as a "career" :)

I did provide builds for gentoo & arch, but those were not in
'official' repos. Debian is more serious distro and I wonder how much
time, in general is required to maintain a package?

> This document will also help you as a programmer i.e. user of Debian as an Ada
> development and deployment plarform.

Good.

> If you are looking for quick and easy ways to help Ada in Debian, I
> suggest you look at the bugs open against one of your favorite
> packages and offer patches.  You can also contribute by opening new
> bugs with detailed information.

Thank you. I'll take a look.

> Your choice of testing (wheezy) is good and sound not only because
> wheezy is indeed very stable for everyday use but also because now is
> a good time to report any problems with it, before it becomes stable.

Am I right assuming that in order to take care for some general Debian
package, it's not required to use sid which I'd like to avoid?
(Debian's stability is one of the reasons I'm here now.)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
For him who has conquered the mind, the mind is the best of
friends; but for one who has failed to do so, his mind will