Re: anything to help with?

Gour writes:
> Taking into consideration that there is a task of learning Ada ahead
> of me and other responsibilities we have, there is not much free time
> on disposal, but seeing myself tied to Ada for my project, I'd like to
> help Debian Ada team accordingly and wonder which tasks are there
> requiring help and/or some pointers from where to start learning about
> Debian & Ada?

Welcome and thanks for your interest and offer for help.  There is
indeed much work to do and too little time to do it :)

The first point of entry is the Debian Policy for Ada[1] and the second
is the list of work-needing packages which you already know about.

[1] http://people.debian.org/~lbrenta/debian-ada-policy.html

I suggest you read this document entirely then decide whether or not you
want to pursue packaging as a "career" :) This document will also help
you as a programmer i.e. user of Debian as an Ada development and
deployment plarform.

If you are looking for quick and easy ways to help Ada in Debian, I
suggest you look at the bugs open against one of your favorite packages
and offer patches.  You can also contribute by opening new bugs with
detailed information.

Your choice of testing (wheezy) is good and sound not only because
wheezy is indeed very stable for everyday use but also because now is a
good time to report any problems with it, before it becomes stable.