Re: [RFH] Polyorb packaging

xavier grave writes:
> Le 06/05/2012 18:36, Reto Buerki a écrit :
>> On 05/05/2012 10:16 PM, Xavier Grave wrote:
>>> My main problem is that the following tests in the testsuite are not
>>> running as expected (see the attached polyorb_2.8~20110207-1_amd64.build
>>> file) :
>>> always_fail CORBA_PORTABLEINTERCEPTOR_1 SHUTDOWN_1 ALL_TYPES_2
>>> ALL_TYPES_3 ALL_FUNCTIONS_3 ALL_FUNCTIONS_2
>>>
>>> Since the problem seems to me mainly related to corba, and I'm not using
>>> this part of the lib : I'm launching this RFH to understand why these
>>> corba tests are failing.
>>
>> I'm going to look into it.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
>>> I also wonder which Debian packages depend on the corba part of polyorb
>>> and if we can think about a "DSA only" polyorb package or providing the
>>> package as it is removing these tests from the test suite and continue
>>> to work in parallel on the solution of this problem.
>>
>> Currently no other Debian packages depend on the corba part of polyorb.
>> Nevertheless, I would prefer to have corba enabled in the next release
>> because I put quite a lot of effort into it already.
>
> I'll keep that in mind.
>
>> One thing that bothers me is that the build continues even though some
>> tests are failing. 'make testsuite' should return non-zero exit status
>> when tests fail.
>
> I have already put my nose in the testsuite.py python code (not easy for
> me :) ), I'll try to make it exit to non zero when a test fail.

The freeze of Debian 7 "Wheezy" is nigh[1].  Please upload polyorb without
CORBA support quickly (and narval thereafter) and fix CORBA later as time
permits.  I agree that it would be a shame to lose CORBA support but it
would be even worse to lose all of polyorb and narval due to not
uploading in time for the freeze.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2012/05/msg00004.html