Re: [RFH] Polyorb packaging

Le 14/05/2012 11:48, Ludovic Brenta a écrit :
> xavier grave writes:

>>> I'm going to look into it.
>>
>> Thanks a lot.

>>> Currently no other Debian packages depend on the corba part of polyorb.
>>> Nevertheless, I would prefer to have corba enabled in the next release
>>> because I put quite a lot of effort into it already.
>>
>> I'll keep that in mind.
>>
>>> One thing that bothers me is that the build continues even though some
>>> tests are failing. 'make testsuite' should return non-zero exit status
>>> when tests fail.
>>
>> I have already put my nose in the testsuite.py python code (not easy for
>> me :) ), I'll try to make it exit to non zero when a test fail.
>
> The freeze of Debian 7 "Wheezy" is nigh[1].  Please upload polyorb without
> CORBA support quickly (and narval thereafter) and fix CORBA later as time
> permits.  I agree that it would be a shame to lose CORBA support but it
> would be even worse to lose all of polyorb and narval due to not
> uploading in time for the freeze.
>
> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2012/05/msg00004.html

Hi,

Modifying the python part to get error on test failure seems to involve
modifying gnatpython MainLoop also since the main loop catch an exit
exception. So it's not, IMHO, a straightforward action.

PolyORB can't be provided without CORBA since the COS [1] needs CORBA
and the DSA needs the Cos Naming Services

So either we go with still a few tests failure (removed or not from the
testsuite), either we drop polyorb support (and narval with the bath water).

xavier
[1] configure: error: "CORBA COS require CORBA application personality"