Re: Dependencies of -dbg and -doc packages

Ludovic Brenta wrote:

So we have two serious proposals (aside from my initial idea):

- all Ada packages Suggest: ada-compiler and gnat; this helps
 users find them by browsing interactively.
- a meta-package (or two) depending on all Ada packages: this
 helps users install all packages with one aptitude command
 (i.e. "aptitude install ada-developers-toolbox").

The second solution requires much more maintenance in the future.
Also the list of "blessed" packages might become contentious :)
I suggest we drop it for the time being and instead implement
the Suggests: in the Debian Policy for Ada and add an appendix
explaining how to take advantage of the Suggests.

OK?

OK!

Greetings,

Jacob
--
Growing older is compulsory. Growing up isn't.