Re: Dependencies of -dbg and -doc packages

Stephen Leake wrote:
Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org> writes:
Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:

Currently, synaptic gives an empty list when searching for "ada-compiler dependencies". So for that to work, all Ada packages should Suggest ada-compiler. That might be better than Suggest gnat.

Yes.

Wouldn't my suggestion of a dummy "Ada developer's complete toolbox" package solve this?

Yes; I think I'll try to implement your suggestion when I get around to it. The problem is that this meta-package would require maintenance.

How will you decide what to include in it?

If a -dev package follows the Debian policy for Ada (and contains Ada source code), then it is clearly a candidate.

I would of course also include "ada-compiler" in the dependencies.

In addition to this I would consider various tools for Ada programmers such as "ada-mode" (for Emacs) and "gnat-gps".

One might split it in two:

 - "build-depends-ada" depending only on "ada-compiler" and
   the "-dev" packages.

 - "ada-developers-toolbox" depending on "build-depends-ada"
   as well as "ada-mode", "gnat-gps" and other tools for Ada
   programmers.

Greetings,

Jacob
--
Warning: Dates in calendars are closer than they appear.