Re: Accessible terminal output

Samuel Thibault:
Niels Thykier, le sam. 27 janv. 2024 23:10:08 +0100, a ecrit:
Samuel Thibault:
One thing that is important for the screen reader to know what to render
is to put the caret on the item that matters.

I have trouble with this one. Can you provide an example that would work in
the terminal or a command that does this well?

It wholy depends on how you emit your output. In curses terms it's a
question of using move() to set the coordinates of the carte.

Samuel

Thanks, I get what you mean now. :)

In my case, my tool is not interactive. It generates text output and either emits all of it on standard out or pipes it to a pager. It is closer to a tool like ls than mutt in spirit. As far as I know, my tool cannot control the caret of the output in any meaningful way in this case.

Best regards,
Niels