Re: Tasksel

Hello David,

Le 13/06/2023 à 19:50, David Hoff Jr a écrit :
I installed Tasksel and ran it. It listed various choices and I chose
#19, Debian Console Games. I got an "Access denied" error. I tried
with and without sudo as well as using su to try it from root. […]

I tried myself a couple of ways and I couldn't get a similar error. Without sudo it tells me it doesn't have the rights (not very obvious, but not that arcane), and through sudo it works just fine. I tried Debian 11 and 12 as well… Only difference I see is that I run amd64 only, so maybe there's a bug in the i386 arch??

Anyhow, you could workaround installing games-console manually instead of going through tasksel. And possibly report a bug against tasksel if there's really something wrong there.

Regards,
Colomban