Old Debian and Starting A Service

Hi,
I thought I'd give this old Vinux 2.1 CLI a go on the Asus 701, to see if I can upgrade it little by little.
I have been looking for older Debian commands to start SSH.
I tried to apt-get install SSH, and it said it is already running the latest, which is the latest for it's package, which I don't know is Debian 2.1, because it's Vinux 2.1.
But it does not know systemd or systemctl.
So I don't know how to get the service running.
It seems to have no WIFI, but I tried to find its IP address with
hostname -I
and it was before the capitol I was used, so I found the IP with a small I.
But the connection is still refused.
I tried to update, and it said it is updated already.
I also don't know the upgrade command for older Debian.
So if anyone remembers, thanks for any info.
Glenn