OT: Re: to root or not to root

On 6/2/23 05:41, K0LNY wrote:
Hi,
I'm going to try a CLI install again on my Asus i386 machine, this time, on an 8 GB SD card, so it will be easier to make an image of, and it's easier to expand an FS than it is to shrink one.
So in my last install, I set it up without a root, and made the one user the only one.
I'm still trying to figure out which is best.
I noticed that su - did not work for me, I had to do sudo su -.

This is expected, see the Debian's docs.

I don't know if this was because I didn't install a root account.

You are answering your own question. ;^)

--
John Doe