Re: Old Debian and Starting A Service

On 3/6/23 17:05, K0LNY wrote:
I tried to apt-get install SSH, and it said it is already running the latest, which is the latest for it's package, which I don't know is Debian 2.1, because it's Vinux 2.1.
But it does not know systemd or systemctl.
So I don't know how to get the service running.

Try /etc/init.d/ssh start

You seem to be having a lot of difficulties with the basics of installing and setting up a system that no one else does.

Perhaps it would be better to contact a local Linux user's group and arrange for someone to help you through the installation of a current Debian version.