Re: OT, Ubuntu Sound Trouble

If you can get local to that machine and not use ssh to connect you may
want to check the internal sound chip and if it has failed, you may need a
new motherboard.  The hard drives here can't  verify downloaded files any
longer so it's likely this computer also needs a new motherboard.

-- Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in
defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and amo. Please use in that
order." Ed Howdershelt 1940.