Re: OT, Ubuntu Sound Trouble

On 28/3/23 16:21, K0LNY_Glenn wrote:
aplay -l
says the audio devices now include the USB soundcard.
It is card1
How do I get the desktop to use that from the CLI, so I have use of Orca?
Or, if card0 is muted, how do I unmute it?

amixer should let you unmute audio devices and set the volume.

These days, most of the community is migrating to Pipewire for audio processing. It has features that enable you to route applications to different audio devices. It might be worth installing and testing if you don't already have it. There's an included PulseAudio emulation layer that emulates the PulseAudio client API. You would obviously need to remove PulseAudio.