Re: Debian Installer Bookworm Alpha 2 release

On 3/8/23 07:11, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:
I'll be glad to do that, Samuel.

Tonight I got a system installed, but again it will not allow me to log in

How are you installing it/What step are you doing?

with my user name.

I have to log in as root then su to my user name. But then I cannot start X

Use su to change the PWD ('passwd') of your regular user.

with my user account.

Please tell me exactly what log files and their locations you will need.

If you look in the Debian documentation for the installer you'wll see
that the installer logs are located in '/var/log/installer'.

This is also in the list archive.

files. I guess I could log into pastebin and put the logs up there. This
list doesn't accept small log attachments does it?

I would send a tarball through the list ('tar -xf <log.tar.bz2>
<what-to-include-in-the-tarball>')

I can certainly understand how difficult it is to do things remotely. I was

To me the issue is that Samuel is always repeting himself by having to
ask the same things over and over again!

--
John Doe