Re: Debian Installer Bookworm Alpha 2 release

Hello,

I just spent the last several days attempting to install the Alpha 1
then Alpha 2 of Bookworm.

I used the text installer to install speech, but no speech was heard
during installation.  Usually that is because the firmware hasn't been
included.  The old "non-free" images worked fine before, but I guess
not all the firmware that was in the "non-free" images has been put in
the Alpha 1 and Alpha 2 iso files.
*
When I was finished neither Alpha 1 or Alpha 2 permitted me to log
into the GUI, I just came back to the desktop manager screen.  If I
used "root" to log in, it was OK and I could log in.

What I am going to do is get one of the old firmware ISO's for Stable
Bullseye and install that because it worked, but only installing the
system utilities not Debian Desktop and not MATE, then changing my
/etc/apt/sources.list files to bookworm from bullseye and updating and
upgrading.

I have enclosed the files I thought would be helpful, they'll probably
be stripped off by the list, so I'm forwarding the same message to
Samuel with the attachments so he will have them to look at.

I'm just frustrated at spending all this time to get the latest Debian
installed, I'm going to take one of the old ISO with firmware - the
small CD, install with speech then just select system utilities in my
choice of software, that is no Debian Desktop and no MATE then after
it's installed change the mirrors.

Probably it's just a small thing of firmware but lack of firmware
makes it very difficult to install Debian.

Regards,
David