Re: Amazon and console browsers

On 29/11/23 10:07, Sam Hartman wrote:
"Jason" == Jason J G White <jason@jasonjgw.net> writes:
     Jason> I'm not aware of any, and I would expect Amazon to be so
     Jason> Javascript-dependent these days that you wouldn't be able to
     Jason> use the site effectively without a browser that supports
     Jason> Javascript, DOM, and all of the associated APIs. Your only
Since when did console browser imply no javascript support?
Back when I still used console browsers, edbrowse had fairly good
javascript support.

It seems I wasn't clear enough. I actually had in mind console browsers that supported JavaScript, which is why I mentioned the DOM and other Web APIs in the comment you quoted.

As far as I know, console browsers that support JavaScript don't implement all or even a good subset of those APIs. So they can, for example, run JavaScript to validate a form submission, but not to implement widgets in a user interface, for example.

I'm relatively confident that Amazon calls for more extensive API support than the JavaScript-capable console browsers offer.