Re: Amazon and console browsers

    Jason> On 23/11/23 12:16, David J. J. Ring, Jr. wrote:
    >> Is there a console browser that supports audio tags so that the
    >> CAPTCHA of Amazon can be heard?  If not, is there a way of
    >> configuring mplayer or other program to play the CAPTCHA?

    Jason> I'm not aware of any, and I would expect Amazon to be so
    Jason> Javascript-dependent these days that you wouldn't be able to
    Jason> use the site effectively without a browser that supports
    Jason> Javascript, DOM, and all of the associated APIs. Your only

Since when did console browser imply no javascript support?
Back when I still used console browsers, edbrowse had fairly good
javascript support.

I'd be surprised if it was good enough to use Amazon effectively now
(although it was back in the day) and fairly surprised if it's audio
support was up to password recovery, but it definitely did have
javascript support.

--Sam