Re: espeakup stops speaking bookworm arm64

On Mon, 28 Aug 2023 at 10:46, Geoff Shang <geoff@quitelikely.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Apr 2023, James Addison wrote:
>
> > Working towards a better backtrace is a good recommendation.  I'd also
> > like to mention that there are existing Debian bookworm debug symbol
> > packages available for both espeak and espeakup that can avoid the
> > need to recompile from source.
> >
> > The packages are named 'espeak-dbgsym' and 'espeakup-dbgsym' and can
> > be installed after enabling the bookworm-debug APT repository.
>
> I don't see espeakup-dbgsym in bookworm-debug.  I do see espeak-dbgsym,
> however espeakup does not depend on espeak, it depends on libespeak,
> actually libespeak-ng1.  There is also libespeak-ng1-dbgsym, but I'm not
> sure if espeakup would use it if I installed it.

I find both espeak-dbgsym and espeakup-dbgsym available in the package
index today, after adding an apt sources.list entry for bookworm-debug
- perhaps it could be worth checking for them again?

Finding a way to cause the behaviour where espeakup stops talking
would be useful to narrow in on the problem - I haven't been able to
replicate it so far.

(with apologies for this multi-month delayed reply.  I'll try not to
replicate that)