Re: file permissions

The chmod command mostly uses a two-dimensional matrix.  The first column
is user, the next is group and the third is world.  One number for each of
those.
Each of those numbers is built with a 4 for read, a 2 for write and a 1
for execute.  So you add those numbers and that's how chmod is put
together and then there's the sticky bit.

Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in
defense of liberty:
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)

.