Re: file permissions

I hope you didn't.  Chown changes the owner of the file.  If your user
account was glen, you could have done chown glen and you'd have to be root
to have done that to the files in your user directory.
The chmod command is what takes a number as a parameter ahead of the file
name.

Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in
defense of liberty:
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)

.