Re: Having a d-i boot timeout for enabling speech?

Hi,

Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote (Sun, 13 Feb 2022 02:28:48 +0100):
> Users on the debian-accessibility mailing list reported that they found
> it very useful that the MacOS X installation image automatically starts
> a speech-enabled installer when the boot menu is left untouched for
> 10 seconds, so that blind people have really nothing more to do than
> plugging the installation USB key and turning the computer on to get a
> speaking installer (and notably in the case when the computer does not
> have a hardware speaker for beeping at the boot menu).
>
> It happens that syslinux supports this, the attached patch implements
> it. What do debian-boot people think about the idea?

This seems to be only in interest for a limited group of people, however
from my point of view the pro's beat the con's, so my vote would be
"why not".

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076