Re: Braille embossing on Debian Bullseye

Hi Samuel

Samuel Thibault schrieb am 18.04.2022, 19:06 +0200:
>Sebastian Humenda, le lun. 18 avril 2022 18:46:24 +0200, a ecrit:

>> >I had had issues with USB connectivity on the Everest V3/V4 of our
>> >university, we even had to replace the communication card. I'd recommend
>> >trying with ethernet.
>>
>> Are you saying it is a hardware issue or are you hinting at a software issue on
>> GNU/Linux?
>
>I'm not sure, I hadn't investigated. But at the very least it seemed
>there were problems at the USB protocol itself, possibly Linux-specific
>just unseen on Windows.

Ok, I see. For the sake of completeness, I have upgraded liblouis and am now
seeing the same behaviour as with graphics embossing. The last page is
half-emitted, stuck in the middle and the embosser stops responding.
For the sake of completeness, I have attached an excerpt of the error log
below.

>> Using ethernet is not an alternative, as we have extremely restricted
>> networking policies, with multiple layers of proxies.
>
>You could plug the embosser directly to a network board, without
>exposing it to the network.

That requires additional hardware because the ethernet port is already in use.

Thanks
Sebastian