Re: Didier speak-with script?

My message was confusing.  Let me try again:

Debian doesn't have the file /proc/config.gz.

I don't think this script can be used in Debian, because it is looking for
'/etc/rc.d/rc.espeakup' and '/etc/rc.d/rc.speechd-up' which do not exist.

What does the script call your dectalk device?

This is what I get and I have no hardware devices that speak.

Usage: ./speak-with <screen reader> or <hard synthesizer> or none
Choose a console screen reader to talk with among:
speechd-up (Console screen reader connecting Speech Dispatcher and speakup)
or use one of the supported hard synthesizers:
 <No Entries here!>
or type  "./speak-with none" to mute all screen readers.

I will assume it calls it "dectalk" so if you use this:

"speak-with dectalk"

It should speak with your dectalk.

When I run speak-with my voxin embedded voice is listed as "speechd-up".

To change it to speak with your Voxin embedded voice I would run this:

"speak-with speechd-up".

Does this work for you?

Regards,

David