Re: Debian 11 unofficial firmware first installation

Gas lighted? Surely that's a screen reader mistake because it doesn't
make sense to me.

They should have stopped the release because few things are worse than
a release that doesn't work at all.

But Debian has a reputation to live up to, and the same thing happened
with Buster but the Buster problem wasn't as bad, so this is progress
in the "making it worse" direction. I'm sure many of the people that I
wholeheartedly recommend Debian to (with the use of the unofficial
non-free firmware CD and adding multimedia and non-free sources with
the Swiss sources list generator) are  quite frustrated and wondering
how I could recommend an OS that just fails on so many levels.

I just shake my head realizing that if Debian hasn't improved by now,
they probably will never make useful changes to make this an OS used
by nearly everyone because it's simply the best - but it needs
modifications that Debian seems unwilling to do.

It should "just work" out of the box, but it doesn't.  Not only that,
it won't until you modify it.

Now Debian Bullseye won't even run out of the box.

Best wishes,
David