Re: editing files using VIM on remote server

On 8/18/2021 9:38 AM, adilhusain shaikh wrote:
Thanks everyone for their response,

Hi Samuel,

I tried running :set noruler in vim command mode, but no luck.

Hi Frank and john ,

I’m not using speak up.

On windows, I used NVDA and JAWS.

On Linux, I used Gnome-orca.

Frank, maybe you’re write. Visually, the cursor goes to next line. But for some
reason screen readers aren’t happy.

Maybe I need to tweak something in server configuration.

I experience the same issue when I run simple commands such as DNF update. When
I press backspace to delete the last character entered, I don’t hear any feedback.

Is DNF using curses or alike friends?

I'm not able to reproduce what you are seeing using NVDA invim (Cygwin)
and also remotely.
If I recall correctly, I did not have this issue using espeakup.

Cygwin is accessed thrue Teraterm though.

Note that this is a Debian mailing list and you are talking about
non-Debian stuff!

--
John Doe