RE: editing files using VIM on remote server

Thanks everyone for their response,

Hi Samuel,

I tried running :set noruler in vim command mode, but no luck.

Hi Frank and john ,

I’m not using speak up.

On windows, I used NVDA and JAWS.

On Linux, I used Gnome-orca.

Frank, maybe you’re write. Visually, the cursor goes to next line. But for some reason screen readers aren’t happy.

Maybe I need to tweak something in server configuration.

I experience the same issue when I run simple commands such as DNF update. When I press backspace to delete the last character entered, I don’t hear any feedback.

Could someone please tell me how would I enable the speak up?

Best wishes

Sent from Mail for Windows