Re: firmware-11.0.0-amd64-netinst.iso Install

The installer doesn't work in this way.

1.  No sound is heard during installation after "select a sound card
by pressing enter".

Since I can see also as well as hear, I read the screen with a
magnifying glass and proceeded, I understand about software screen
review, and I mourn it's loss because the text installer says PRESS
SHIFT PLUS PG UP or PG DWN.  I'm just lucky I'm in USA and the
defaults work for me.  Isn't there another way to page this so people
could review the screens? Or maybe tell users they can change
languages, locales, and time zones after installation, it really is a
problem for some, I'm sure.

AFTER the system is installed, things work, at least in the log in
console, I have sound and I can log in - as long as I know the work
around of going to the upper right hand corner and selecting "Mate"
instead of "Default".

If I select "Default" the log into Mate fails and I loop back to the
log in screen.

I've disabled lightdm desktop manager, and I'd like to ask that this
be an option selectible during installation as many of us use the
console as it's so much easier than navigating with a mouse and a
cursor you cannot see.

Again:

Sound is heard from the installer up until the point where the user as
asked to select a sound card.  When the screen says something like "if
this is the sound card you want to use press enter" nothing is heard,
I remember it says one sound board found, waiting for additional sound
boards - but this doesn't speak.

I know my card PCH analog sound is always the second card, so I just
wait until I see on the screen that I've been asked a second time to
press enter to use that sound board.

I hear nothing then and nothing for the remainder of the installation.

Once the computer reboots, I hear "enter your user name and
password".and on the screen is the lightdm screen.

As I said, if I go to the upper right and select MATE instead of
Default, I can log in with my username and password.

I can log in with user name root and password no matter which desktop
environment is selected, both "default" or "mate" - it doen't matter
with root.  Both work.

I found this out by installing jwm and because I had a second desktop
environment installed, I had to use the selector, and that's how I
discovered how I could use Mate without getting into the loop.

With thanks,
David