Sv: Install Orca screen reader on the server.

Sbl?

Formerly suse blinux?

From the early 2000

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

Från: Jeffery Mewtamer
Skickat: den 10 juli 2021 18:05
Till: mattias
Kopia: Marcel Roșca; debian-accessibility@lists.debian.org
Ämne: Re: Install Orca screen reader on the server.

Orca is strictly a graphical screen reader, but there are options for

getting a screen reader up and running in a command-line only

environment.

Probably the two most widely used options are espeakup and Fenrir.

espeakup acts as a bridge between the speakup kernel module and the

espeak or espeak-ng speech synthesizer, and I believe is configured by

default on Debian systems that were installed with the talking version

of the Debian Installer that didn't pick a desktop environment at the

choose software stee. This does require that your distro's kernel

comes with the espeak module, which not all kernels do(though this

might have improved in the last couple of years).

Fenrir is written in python and runs entirely in userland, allowing it

to run on systems that lack the espeak kernel module.

Some lesser used options nclude:

speechdup, which is similar to espeakup, but bridges the speakup

module to the Speech Dispatcher speech server, theoretically allowing

the module to be used with any speech synth that has a speech

dispatcher module.

emacspeak, a screenreader built for emacs.

yasr(yet another screen reader), which I know nothing about.

SBL, which is what I personally use for CLI screen reading, but which

is, as far as I know, only packaged for OpenSuse and Knoppix.

And while not a screen reader per se, brltty does allow one to use

Braille in the console.

I can't provide much advice in setting any of these up, but hopefully

the names will be enough for you to find further information.