Re: Audio problems with Debian, speech output and the latest VMware Workstation release :-(

On Fri, 5 Jun 2020, Christian Schoepplein wrote:

I unfortunatly have to use Debian in a virtual machine on a Windows 10 system. The virtualitation software I am using is VMware Workstation 15.

Since the latest update of VMware Workstation to the version 15.5.5 the sound output and therefore also the speech output is stucking. It sounds like the system is under heavy load and speech is only outputed in fragments with little breaks in between... Its a little bit difficult to explain...

Hi Christian,

I also use Debian in VMWare Player 15 under windows 10 for work.

Fortunately, I've not updated to 15.5.5 and I won't now thanks to your warning.

Seems you aren't alone: https://server.vpnwp.com/vmware/vmware-distorted-choppy-audio-windows-host-linux-kubuntu-vm/

This probably makes it more likely that VMWare will fix it.

You (or your company) are a paying customer so you are entitled to complain when they break stuff.

Cheers,
Geoff.