Re: notions on Debian accessibility

Hi,

To make this answer concrete for you, here is what happens:
- when the media boots, a beep announces that something is waiting
- pressing s runs the speech installer, via Speakup
- enter with a braille display connected runs BRLTTY
- the MATE desktop is automatically installed as the most accessible one for all disabilities (due to its flexibility) - the end of the installer sets things to reboot in braille and speech in a terminal and/or in a graphical interface

Things to improve but requiring a high taskforce:
- improving the accessibility of the graphical installer
- enabling the capability to install some virtual keyboards programs such as dasher
- installing more accessibility packages eg. ebook-speaker, daisy-player
- maing the liveCD work with braille

About Raspbian, I think there is more work to do. Not sure wether it is for Debian or accessibility tools upstream.

Best regards

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL