Problems connecting to wi-fi network after installing debian

Hello everyone. I have this issue: after installing debian to my laptop I noticed that I cannot connect to wi-fi network. It was connected while installing the sistem but now it doesn't connect to it.
I use mate.
I went to advanced network manager settings and tried to disconnect, I pressed applications, shift f10 but nothing worked. I couldn't find a way to check if the laptop is connected to the network or not, also there is an information that the network was never used. What can I do? Should I reinstall the system in this situation?

Sent from my iPhone