Re: Java applications accessibility

Have you enabled java access bridge?

El El mié, 7 ago 2019 a las 13:04, Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> escribió:
Hello,

Sebastian Humenda, le mer. 07 août 2019 12:30:40 +0200, a ecrit:
> Samuel Thibault schrieb am 05.08.2019,  9:32 +0200:
> >Sebastian Humenda, le lun. 05 août 2019 08:53:57 +0200, a ecrit:
> >> I've got only one java application on my machine which is Mediathekview. I
> >> remember that it used to be accessible, but it remains quiet.
> >
> >I do test the wrapper with that application, so it should be working. I
> >however really tested only Braille feedback.
> Thanks for the hints. There were two issues:
>
> 1.  I had two java versions installed (possibly because of the upgrade to
>     buster) and it was only enabled for the older one. Is this intended?

The details are in 900912, but basically java-atk-wrapper was considered
too unstable to be enabled by default. With the rework I mentioned, I
believe it is way more stable, but we need wide testing to be sure of
this and convince Matthias that we can enable it by default.

> 2.  The default look-and-feel was not set to GTK in the newer java version (not
>     sure about the old already configured one) and hence it couldn't work.

Normally the non-GTK look-and-feel should be accessible as well,
actually. I have still let the troubleshoot check for it just in case.