Re: Debian Buster and wifi

Before doing anything else, please unplug your router from the power for
30 seconds.  Then plug it back in and leave it plugged in for about 30
minutes and then try going into nmtui again and go into edit a
connection and edit wired connection and tab to delete and hit enter
then tab again to ok and hit enter.  Then get out of nmtui entirely.
Next go into nmtui and try activate a connection and your essid name
should be at the top of the list.  Hit enter on that and see if you get
asked for a password.  If you do, enter it correctly the first time and
hit enter.  If all works your essid name will show up again with a star
to its left and if that happens tab onto back then down arrow onto exit
and hit enter.
If none of this works your service provider needs to get you a new
router.  They may try to reset it a few times but it's on its way out.
Routers need to be replaced every 3 years unless found defective before
then.  That's what the comcast technician told me.