Re: Can grub be made to talk?

Wow!  Thanks.  As I said in an earlier message, I dodged the
bullet this time in that I should be able to protect the old
development system with a chroot jail.  The assembler and
debugger/emulator that won't make in newer versions of debian should
still work and, assuming I can get a serial port to run from
inside the jail, that should be good enough.

	The tune sequence you describe using play has another
interesting possibility.  Amateur radio operators used to have to
learn the Morse Code for telegraphy.  One could make dots and
dashes in Morse or CW as amateurs call it and actually spell out
things.

	Again thanks.