Re: Linux 9 stretch What to do about reviving speakup?

On 4/1/2019 4:59 PM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
Martin McCormick, le lun. 01 avril 2019 16:53:50 -0500, a ecrit:
ExecStart=/bin/sh -c 'modprobe speakup_soft && /usr/bin/espeakup -V
"${VOICE}"'Hi, I have checked and the path is correct but espeakup still blows up when it tries to reconfigure the package and I posted this output sometime ago but never heard back.  What should I do to get it working in Buster?  Nick Gawronski
	I found that file exactly as you indicated and added
/bin.  Here it is:

[Unit]
Description=Software speech output for Speakup
Documentation=man:espeakup(8)
Wants=systemd-udev-settle.service
After=systemd-udev-settle.service sound.target

[Service]
Type=forking
PIDFile=/run/espeakup.pid
Environment="VOICE= ALSA_CARD="
EnvironmentFile=-/etc/default/espeakup
ExecStart=sh -c '/bin/modprobe speakup_soft && /usr/bin/espeakup -V ${VOICE}'
/bin/ has to be added before sh, not before modprobe.