Re: Strange behaviour of gnupg in Debian Stretch

On 4/10/19, Ali Gürler <a.guerler@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> could you please test the following:
> # gpg --full-generate-key
> you have to enter a pass phrase later. After doing this, gpg should
> say something like "we have to generate random bytes", but this
> message does not appear in my case. Now I enter many arbitrary
> characters, and at some point appears the previously mentioned
> message. This you get with brltty but only by chance. Why does
> the message only appear after entering many characters? Is this a bug
> from gnupg or brltty?

Hi, I'm "just a user" out here. I haven't done this in a long time,
but I remember mine being very slow to produce output when generating
my own. Is it possible the gap in time is because your computer's
taking that long to digest the command and then spit out an output?

Or is the possible issue that this command used to respond instantly
for you and now there appears to be that gap in time before the
command completes?

That's as much as I can help with it. I'm just thinking that your
answer might help more knowledgeable people help you.

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with birdseed *