Strange behaviour of gnupg in Debian Stretch

Hello,

could you please test the following:
# gpg --full-generate-key
you have to enter a pass phrase later. After doing this, gpg should
say something like "we have to generate random bytes", but this
message does not appear in my case. Now I enter many arbitrary
characters, and at some point appears the previously mentioned
message. This you get with brltty but only by chance. Why does
the message only appear after entering many characters? Is this a bug
from gnupg or brltty?

Regards,

Ali