Bug report: Buster: Debian Installer doesn't speak

Hi,

I tried running both the 2019-04-07 (today) daily snapshot and the Alpha5 release of the Buster netinst, but both came up with no speech.

Download URLs:

https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/amd64/iso-cd/debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso
https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/buster_di_alpha5/amd64/iso-cd/debian-buster-DI-alpha5-amd64-netinst.iso

What I did:

* I wrote the iso to a USB drive and booted from it. The system beeped twice, indicating a UEFI system.
* I pressed the letter s and pressed enter.

What happened:

The language list came up, with no speech.

Diagnosis:

Espeak doesn't appear to be present.

Things I discovered:

I tried running the following command:

find / -name espeak -print

but nothing was found.

The request for speech appears to have been successful.

* The speakup and speakup_soft modules were loaded.
* The espeakup process was running.

For what it's worth, the package pool in the image only has espeak-data and espeak-ng-data packages, no binaries. I know this may not be related.

Fortunately, the Braille display was detected, allowing me to figure out the above.

I guess I will install with Braille only and configure speech once I get enough of a system that I can install espeak. I'm just wondering if I have missed something, especially considering that this appears to be broken in the Alpha5 release as well as the current snapshot.

Also, maybe it is available in a larger image.  Does anybody know?

Cheers,
Geoff.