Re: default desktop

Hello,

john doe, le sam. 09 févr. 2019 09:53:03 +0100, a ecrit:
> Something that is confusing is that when installing Debian with the
> kernel boot parameter 'DEBIAN_FRONTEND=text', 'Debian desktop
> environment' is not the desktop that is "accessible".

Well, yes, changing the debconf frontend is not considered as asking for
accessibility. There are various other reasons for requesting the text
frontend.

> Furthermore, while I value the talking installer ("install Debian with
> speatch"), the default desktop environment should be the one propose by
> Debian.

Err, this is the converse of what you mentioned above, right?

Most people will want the installed desktop to be the most accessible
one, so the default should be that.

> I'll go back to a point I already raised, that is, the Debian talking
> installer shouldn't presume the Debian defaults and ask for any changes
> that involve accessibility.

Yes, that is not forgotten. But it is buried within litteraly hundreds
of other things which should be done.