Re: Gnome settings hangs orca

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 3:51 PM Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org> wrote:
> 2) Since stretch, the UI of the settings panel has been significantly
> redone.  It looks like there is a list of possible task areas along the
> side.  There doesn't seem to be good keyboard navigation to get into
> that list; it doesn't appear to be in the tab order and neither
> alt-backtick nor f6 will get you there.

Yes, keyboard accessibility for gnome-control-center is in really bad shape.

I recently fixed several smaller issues and backported those to Buster
but these issues remain:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-control-center/issues/327
(Note the first sentence of Matthias' comment on 327 gives another workaround)
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-control-center/issues/330
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-control-center/issues/369

Of those, 369 is probably the easiest to solve.

There is also a Debian RC bug: https://bugs.debian.org/913978 but
sadly I think we'll end up demoting that or ignoring it for the Buster
release. Sorry.

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha