Re: Fenrir 1.9.2 Released

I don't have Python skills either, but I have a braille display. I, however, don't have Linux rightnnow, just Mac and Windows.

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 12:46 PM john doe <johndoe65534@mail.com> wrote:
On 7/17/2018 7:01 PM, chrys wrote:
> Howdy Devin,
> sure thing as soon as i figure how lol. i dont own an braille device so
> i just can do most of that stuff "blind" lol.
> for stuff like that it would be really awesome to have someone with
> python dev skills and braille device on my side :). i m not blind so
> maybe i m not the best person to say how it needs to be done that it is
> perfect.
> i already started the implementation and basic stuff should be doable
> but its not production ready yet.
> thats why the default braille driver is currently dummy lol. but basic
> brltty usage is already implemented and also some needed bits to show up
> some text on the braille device and flush it.
> panning should be in place as well. but all untested lol. i will add
> your request to the list.
> here the outstanding todos if someone wants to dive in and help out :).
> Braille Support:
>    [] brailleFocusMode:
>      [] manual = no automatic toggle, command used (text cursor, review
> cursor, attribute cursor)
>      [] last = follow last used cursor (text cursor, review cursor,
> attribute cursor)
>    [] print cursor in review
>    [] print cursor in textmode / attribute tracking
>    [] word wrapping (if word does not fit print it at next page)
>    [] command toggle used cursor (in manual brailleFocusMode)
>    [] capture input from braile
>    [] make routing keys assignable by keyboard
>    [] make brailleTable configurable
>    [] tuning for the commands, what should be pinned, what should be
> flushed, what not shown at all.
> JFYI same for dectalk :). i want to provide an dectalk speech driver.
> but i dont own an device. speech drivers designed are really simple. so
> maybe someone with an device can help out here as well.

I don't have the python skills but maybe you could emulate a brail display:

https://linux.die.net/man/1/qemu-kvm

You could have a look at NVDA which is also written in python:

https://github.com/nvaccess

--
John Doe

--