Re: pulseaudio and espeakup

Michael A Ray, le ven. 04 mai 2018 13:18:08 +0100, a ecrit:
> Perhaps a way to try is to run speech-dispatcher in TCP socket mode in a
> docker container.

Well, I don't think a container is needed, you can just run
speech-dispatcher as a system service.

And the problem is not there, but rather: how will it be able to
access the sound card?  Unless it is running as the same user as other
pulseaudio sources, there will be a conflict on the grabbing of the
card.

> But one problem I anticipate is the way to persuade Orca that SD is
> there and does not need to be launched by it.

That is already handled by speech-dispatcher when configure
appropriately.

Samuel