Re: debian-buster-di-alpha2-x86_64 standard system install

On 2/6/2018 7:15 AM, john doe wrote:
On 2/6/2018 6:53 AM, Jude DaShiell wrote:
I ran the integrity check on the debian install menu.  The last question I was asked was if system was set to utc or localtime and I answered that question and the disk went to 61% and ejected.

So clearly Debian is not fully installed.
You should try rescue mode to repair it and report this as a bug.

Note that before reporting I would strongly suggest you to do the following:

https://www.debian.org/CD/verify

If you downloaded the iso using wifi it is more then likely that the file got corrupted.

Verifying authenticity of downloaded Debian iso file.

To checksum a file you will need to use the corresponding checksum utility:
md5sum for MD5SUMS
sha1sum for SHA1SUMS
sha256 for SHA256SUMS
sha512sum for SHA512SUMS

On the download page for the desired iso file you have also 'SHA512SUMS' and 'SHA512SUMS.sign'.
You download both files using for instance 'wget'.

The first step is to verify the signature in 'SHA512SUMS' using 'gpg --verify *.sign'. When you see 'good signature from ...', you have successfully verified the iso which means that the iso has not been tampered with.

To checksum SHA512SUMS you would do:

$ sha512sum -c SHA512SUMS 2>&1 | grep -i ok

If you see something ending with ': OK', you have successfully checksummed the iso which means that the isoe is not corrupted.

https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

"After using the Debian-Installer, please send us an installation report, even if there weren't any problems."