debian-buster-di-alpha2-x86_64 standard system install

I checked the dvd integrity and integrity check was successful. I installed on a 3tb disk using espeak and had grub for boot loader. Finishing the install ejected the dvd at 61% and I hit enter then the system got lost in space so I powered down waited about a minute and tried booting the system. No beep from grub and no speech either. Could it be the espeak stuff didn't also have its configuration stuff saved to the new installation but the orca stuff got saved?