Re: gnome-orca version policy?

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 1:46 PM, Paul Gevers <elbrus@debian.org> wrote:
> Can't we find an easy way to have these delta's within the package? I
> believe there is some trick to apply patches only in Ubuntu (not sure
> how stable that is, but I'd like the discussion).

Yes, this can be done by adding debian/patches/ubuntu.series that
lists all of the patches that need to apply on Ubuntu.

The tricky part to remember is that if you add a patch to
debian/patches/series, you will probably want to add it to
debian/patches/ubuntu.series or Ubuntu won't have that patch applied
there.

I can do this if there is consensus that we want this. The Debian
GNOME team is a bit hesitant about this strategy but it may not be a
big deal if this package is mostly maintained by the Accessibility
Team.

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha